Search for Meaning (on this blog!)

New!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Poems--So Many Things

So many things...

So many things I know not about her
Of things that inspire or make her wonder
Things that come together to picture a person completely
Her dreams, her
Emotional seams
Devotional scene
Or
The ocean she sees
So easily.
So many things I will one day understand
Where, in the meantime, anticipation stands;
You know, patience demands
That I take all of it in as a delicate sand
And
Not trap our dances in hourglasses standing on end,
But instead,
As few of the so many things that I do comprehend, I
Can simply keep wishing her smile radiates what she's thinking,
That as many of the so many things as she'll one day choose to give me,
This bit of a smile and a kiss on her face,
And the way her two eyes light the way to a place
only hers and so privy;
That the little things we have shared--all the glances and stares, emotional dances and flares, bursts of words and illogical thirsts for the other--that all these little things,
Worth so many things,
Will earn a page in everything that will one day describe how our sun rose and shone and gave birth to a soul, unexpectedly so, unpretentiously old, so...
endlessly and neverendingly molded by the so many things I still don't know but hope to...
and it's those so many things that so elate me.
She is so amazing.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.