Search for Meaning (on this blog!)

New!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Poems--Questions of a Loneliness

Man...what do you do when you feel lonely?

Do you check your facebook?
Or do you try to erase your face and then look?
Do you have a space that you can call just your own,
Or is it the MY way or the highway when you try to hook up
A live date with just you and a book
When you try to spend your loneliness the right way
Only to end up spending it all on happy endings at the mall
With full service and all.
How do you figure you'll take all the time in the world to find a love in a world where the time fills the swirls where the light is supposed to unfurl;
When feeling alive means I'll take half my time just to say I'm alright--
But you're really feeling so terrible;
No apetite, nothing's edible, everything priceless, and unforgettable,
Where half the time you feel out of place
In a daze,
Like society's just not made for you,
Something's wrong, I just FEEL it
But your word's in the same milieu
That you found them in yesterday,
And today they're as sane as the crazed state that you lost them in...how do you process this?
I cannot postulate just why
I feel this way
Ryan Adams
Feels so alive
But all I can feel is a numbness to my days
And I don't know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your effusions engaging. Man pitted against the forces of cohesion.
Mistweaver

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.