Search for Meaning (on this blog!)

New!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Finally, A Search

I've finally decided to begin looking inwards for answers. The title of this blog--"Meaning From Uncertainty..."--derives from a desire to find meaning in my life, through the poetry I've been writing for a decade now. That sounds almost scary--I have been a poet for a decade! Amazing, how time passes you by...since my early high school days, I have used poetic language to express myself, and yet, I have never given my talent a thorough enough sifting, a serious enough look to see if I might find or figure something out about myself that could give me a sense of purpose, peace, or solace.

Like so many other souls, I oftentimes wander through this life wishing that I had "the answers", wishing that I could "make sense of it all", wondering if amidst all that anxiety and uncertainty prevalent in this society and world, I'll be able to make meaning. I guess I've tried that through my dancing, my occasional foray into music, and other things of interest, but I've until now neglected one of my biggest treasures of self-knowledge: my collection of poetry (and, yes, rap lyrics are a form of poetry as well, so I may very well include those in this blog!) I've amassed in these past ten years as a poet.

And there it is: why haven't I yet transcribed my works, however rudimentary, however base and simple (particularly my earliest works) in a public well for all to find? And if poetry is a window into the soul, why not go ahead and look through that entire window, in the hopes of finding the meaning that eludes me?

It is for this reason that I've finally decided to look inwards, to find meaning from uncertainty. Enjoy--and wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work worths commenting. They are beautifully composed poems. Yes, we all express ourselves in diffrent ways: a poet through words and rhythm mingled with nature. Weldone.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.